Wednesday 9 May 2007

A Simple Kiss

I don't know if I have mentioned that I am Brazilian living in Scotland. Anyway, Brazilian people are accustomed to greeting each other informally with a kiss on the side of the face. It is very friendly and lovely. In some States, like Rio de Janeiro, people usually give two kisses. I prefer just one, in case you meet lots of friends in a party it is going to take you more time to say hello to everybody. It's cultural. But, I need to tell you a new experience I had this morning.
I was in a classroom involved in an activity which everybody has a stick note on his back and where we were supposed to write a positive comment or an uplifting word about every person in particular. You were only allowed to read the note after everybody had finished.
You can imagine what kind of words we were expecting. For instance:
You are smiley, friendly, nice, funny, practical, sweet, ...but I was not waiting for this:
"You are the only one who kisses me!"
That comment brought me a big smile, and then, I have just realized the importance of that kiss. Yes, it is a friendship kiss, with all my love and care.
Have you kissed a friend today? If not, do it...show your affection...he or she might need it...
"I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him and he [will dine] with me." Revelation 3:20