Tuesday 1 May 2007

Beauty

Do you believe that beauty is in our eyes? I see beauty in a form, in a shape, but not everybody is created equal, there is always someone more attractive than the other. I usually say that my daughter is my princess, because this is the way I see her, sweet, delicate, polite, happy, and beautiful... so, for me her beauty is beyond her form and shape, it is from inside to outside. Sometimes, worried with her appearance, she wants to know if such and such clothes are fitting well, or if the pieces match...you know...woman stuff...but she is not wrong...she wants to feel attractive to her friends eyes. It is very important to feel that we "belong" to a community, in fact, not only to belong, but also that we are accepted the way we are.
The bible introduces some women and their different kinds of beauty; for instance, Esther, Rachel, Ruth, Hannah and many others.
"...Esther-admired by everyone who saw her.
...
The King liked her more than any of the other girls, and more than any of the others she won his favour and affection. He placed the royal crown on her head and made her queen..."
Esther 2:17
I invite you to read ESTHER, a woman of honour, honesty, sincerity, big heart.