Wednesday 16 May 2007

A Prayer For Help

I have heard a lot about "bullying" lately. Maybe, people don't have an entirely clear conception of what it means, like me. When I heard about it for the first time, I had to search on the internet to find out the real meaning and an explanation for this kind of behaviour in school and in the work environment.
First we need to understand what is bullying. Children and young people have described bullying as:

being called names;
being teased ;
being pushed or pulled about;
being hit or attacked ;
having your bag and other possessions taken and thrown around;
having rumours spread about you;
being ignored and left out;
being forced to hand over money or possessions;
being attacked or teased or called names because of your religion or colour;
being attacked or teased or called names because of your sexuality;
Many people can be so worried, scared, upset, and devastated that they can't work well at school or in their jobs. It can make them feel they are no good, that there is something wrong with them, and it can also get them away from social communities as well as to extreme ends such as suicide.
Yes, the Bible helps us and teaches us how to pray. I don't know who all my readers are, but I hope It can help anyway.
If you do not know what to say, or how you can cope, just let Jesus do the whole job.
The PSalm 70 is a Prayer for Help
"O God, make speed to save me; •
O Lord, make haste to help me.
Let those who seek my life
be put to shame and confusion; •
let them be turned back and disgraced
who wish me evil.
Let those who mock and deride me •
turn back because of their shame.
But let all who seek you rejoice and be glad in you; •
let those who love your salvation say always, 'Great is the Lord!'
As for me, I am poor and needy; •
come to me quickly, O God.
You are my help and my deliverer; •
O Lord, do not delay.

O God, our helper and defender,deliver us in our weakness, answer our pray, that we may see your glory in Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen