Saturday 26 May 2007

An Eternal Friendship Love

I use to say that my friends are for life. And I have so many, all of them are so special, but different in some aspects. Usually, they all teach me something through the way they are, the way they make a decision to live their lives. There is one that has been my friend for more than twenty years, and as a coincidence we like the same things, she says that I am her sister, that one she doesn't have, I mean, a real one.
Last week, I got an email from her, after a long time without any news. Since we met each other for the first time it has been like this, weeks, months, or years without seeing each other, and now in special concerned to the distance we live...thousands miles away...we can realize how much our heart and thoughts are side by side, connected in so many circumstances. There is one thing that I love in her personality, it is the simplicity and single nature she sees what she has got in her life. I mean, all about material stuff, family, friends, health. It's very hard to see her sad or disappointed for some reason. When something is not good, she says:
" I often look around to understand and see that I am very fortunate , and blessing for everything I have and the way I live. God is generous with me, and so, I thank him for this experience, because I believe He is making me a better person. Even, if I can't understand what is going on right now, I am sure He is teaching me, and I'll understand it in the nearly future. God has always a good purpose for everything, and I know He has one for me too!"
I have heard those words through the time we are sharing our life experiences. It's amazing!! She always has a tight hug, a kiss, and an spontaneous word to uplift my mood.
My friend you have a big heart!!!
In Samuel 18:1-3 we can observe this love between Jonathan and David. It's an eternal friendship love.
"Saul's son Jonathan was deeply attracted to David and came to love him as much as he loved himself.
...
Jonathan swore eternal friendship with David because of his deep affection for him."
This is only an example of one of my friends. I am sure you can see something special in your friends as well. Have you already thought about your blessing friends? The ones God has put in your way?