Thursday 10 May 2007

Inspirational Dreams

According to the note in the site Scientific American Digital, some scientists have been studying the psychological and neuroscientific explanations for dreams, while some cultures have interpreted dreams as inspirational, curative or alternative reality. In the Bible, for instance, "Joseph's elucidation of Pharaoh's dream averted seven years of famine." On the other hand, Sigmund Freud proposed that dreams were the "royal road" to the unconscious; revealing the deepest elements of an individual's inner life. On the contrary, dreams have been characterized as meaningless, the result of random nerve cell activity. Furthermore, dreaming has also been viewed as the means by which the brain rids itself of unnecessary information.
You can consider or not all these factors. But for me, it is quite evident that the interpretation of dreams brings us to a level of awareness that espouses harmony and subsistence with ones spirit and soul.
I usually have some dreams that seem to be very real, and meaningful, and I take them very seriously. Sometimes, I think some of them might be inspirational, advisable, curative, exhortation, or an alternative for the reality. When I wake up in the middle of the night after I have had a dream, I try carefully to review all the details through it, meditating and reflecting thoughtfully. Commonly, they bring a message for my heart.
Jacob's Dream at Bethel - Genesis 28:12
"He dreamed that he saw a stairway reaching from earth to heaven, with angels going up and coming down on it. And there was the Lord standing beside him. "I am the Lord, the God of Abraham and Isaac," he said. "I will give to you and to your descendants this land on which you are lying. "