Friday 27 April 2007

The Good Shepherd

Everybody has already seen a spoiled child crying to get a desirable stuff. Although it is a childish characteristic, we adults are not completely free of this kind of attitude. I don't mean, we cry every time we want something, but when we insist so much to get what we want, it might look bad. Is it bad? Well, I would say that it is a bit of determinism to reach an objective.
For instance, suppose you want to climb a hill. The objective is to reach the top and overcome all the obstacles that you might have on your way. Probably, you are going to face bad weather, hunger, thirst, pain, etc...
It is very similar the way we walk to reach a Christian Life. We need the Lord. He is our safe hand, our bread, our water, our shadow and shelter. He protects us from all kind of circumstances.
"I, the Sovereign Lord, tell you that I myself will look for my sheep and take care of them in the same way as a shepherd takes care of his sheep..."
"I will let them graze in safety in the mountain meadows and the valleys and in all the green pastures..."
"I will look for those that are lost, bring back those that wander off, bandage those that are hurt, and heal those that are sick,..."
"I will bless them and let them live around my sacred hill. There I will bless them with showers of rain when they need it. The trees will bear fruit, the fields will produce crops, and everyone will live in safety on his own land."
""You, my sheep, the flock that I feed, are my people, and I am your God,"..."
Ezekiel 34:11-31
Thanks Lord, my good Shepherd, my God.