Friday 20 April 2007

Blessing

For so long I have heard about God's Promises, and waited for them. I told Him that I want to remember everything He has changed in my life, every single blessing. They are so many that I can't count them. I have to rescue many facts of my life in order to tell you.

When I was a child, I used to live in front of a very big church. So, there was the main reference about my childhood. In that church, and in the garden of the church, a huge one, I played with my doll, I met friends, I fell down learning how to ride a bike, I went to the services...not only on Sundays, but also every time that there was one. I can't say that I knew Jesus, but I had an idea of his person, what happened to him living among us, and how he died. I was always a part of a religious community, so fellow worshipers taught me how to pray, and what not to do before God's eyes.

Many years ago I went to a Christian reunion, and a lady was giving a personal testimony of her experience with Jesus. Everybody prayed aloud, and suddenly, I was consumed with a fire, my body was burning, and I started crying in ecstasy, uncontrollably. That feeling was absolutely different to any previous emotion before in my life.
That moment was a blessing...
"There the angel of the Lord appeared to him as a flame coming from the middle of a bush. Mose saw that the bush was on fire but that it was not burning up." Exodus 3:2