Tuesday 24 April 2007

A Bible Study

In my thirties, I used to be a very busy person, working about 12 hours everyday, two kids, housing chores, friends, social appointments, family, and the gym. I can tell you, with so many things to do, I had no time to waste.
One Spring afternoon, a customer, not really a close friend, more acquantance, invited me to go to her house for a meeting, in which we were going to read the bible, and later we would have a chance to chat, and then something to drink and eat. That sounded very good to me. It would be a chance to be with someone I didn't know, and to make friends is always very good. She gave me her address, but with other commitments I was unsure if I could go. Anyway, I went with my son and daughter.
There, we met some of her family's friends, and relatives. I think, it was the first of many bible studies with them. I believe, we were together for about 2 years in total generally meeting each other once a week. In one evening, I accepted Jesus as my only Saviour, and so did my kids.
"...and my teaching and message were not delivered with skillful words of human wisdom, but with convincing proof of the power of God's Spirit. Your faith, then, does not rest on human wisdom but on God's power." Corinthians 2:4
You need to know that our lives have changed completely from that moment on. It's very difficult to explain so glorious and divine experience with Jesus presence in my life. As the verse above, I don't have the power to convince you about God's Spirit, but He has. I worship Lord to have chosen me for that evening and for so many special moments in my life...
Isaiah 61
"The Sovereign Lord has filled me with his spirit.
He has chosen me and sent me
To bring good news to the poor,
To heal the broken-hearted,
To announce release to captives
And freedom to those in prison...
to give...joy and gladness...
a song of praise...
Your joy will last forever."
Thank you Lord to have given me the opportunity to be in your presence, to feel your love, to be convinced for your Holy Spirit.