Thursday 30 August 2007

WHAT IS FORGIVENESS

I have just received a very beautiful email from my friend in which she mentions what Norm Anderson writes about FORGIVENESS.
So, I believe I have learned something from him, but I also have researched about it and I would like to spread what I have found.
First: Lets understand what is FORGIVENESS
"Forgiveness is the moment to moment experience of peace and understanding that occurs when an injured party's suffering is reduced as they transform their grievance against an offending party. This transformation takes place through learning to take less personal offense, attribute less blame to the offender and, by greater understanding, see the personal and interpersonal harm that occurs as the natural consequence of unresolved anger and hurt."
The Art and Science of Forgiveness Frederic Luskin, Ph.D.