Thursday 7 June 2007

When Your Problem Is A Giant

Difficult times bring sadness to our heart, and I am not different of you. I use to say;
"I don't have a cockroach blood. I am a human being with defects, imperfections, and thanks Lord in my veins run red blood."
So, I am like you. Sometimes, a simple thing that can be easily solved becomes a giant. We have the capability to involve friends, family in some situations that is up to us to find strenght to keep life on.
In the Bible, 1 Samuel 17:41, we can learn with David, a shepherd boy, when he faced Goliath, a man who was over nine feet tall and wore bronze armor that weighed about 125 pounds and bronze helmet. David refused Saul's armor, a bronze helmet, and a sword, because he couldn't walk wearing all of that. Instead, he got his shepherd's stick, five smooth stones, and the sling.
God had saved David and his sheeps from lions and bears. The same God would save him from the giant.
"Goliath said to David: What's that stick for? Do you think I am a dog?...Come on,...I will give your body to the birds and animals to eat. 43
"David answered: you are coming against me with sword, spear, and javelin, but I come against you in the name of the Lord Almighty..." 45
"David took out a stone, which he slung at Goliath. He hit him on the forehead and broke his skull, and Goliath fell face downward on the ground." 49
Have you ever thougth that we can face the giants in the name of God, the Lord Almighty?