Monday 3 September 2007

SCARING NIGHT

In October 2004, I had a different experience with Jesus.
We woke up about 2am with my son screaming, because he heard a funny noise in our backyard, and through the door glass he saw a stranger vulture. His screaming was so scaring that the thief, who was robbing our bicycles, 2 at all that time, fortunately had a chance to take just one. It was a very frightening moment. Hearts beating hard, a mix of crying and at the same time a feeling of comforting to have been discovered in time to not lose 2 bikes.
We had to call the police, and not before 4am, when our nerves were calming down we prayed and went back to bed for a short sleep.
While we were praying, I experienced a feeling of complete love for my son. The screaming that woke me up was so strong and loud that expressed his pain, and my suffering that moment was for his pain. An incredible love invaded my soul and when we prayed together we felt our love as one holding for Jesus Christ.
ISAIAH 45
2 I will go before you
and will level the mountains;
I will break down gates of bronze
and cut through bars of iron.
3 I will give you the treasures of darkness,
riches stored in secret places,
so that you may know that I am the LORD,
the God of Israel, who summons you by name.