Monday 24 December 2007

CHRISTMAS EVE

“So they hurried off and found Mary and Joseph, and the baby, who was lying in the manger. When they had seen him, they spread the word concerning what had been told them about this child, and all who heard it were amazed at what the shepherds said to them. But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart. The shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things they had heard and seen, which were just as they had been told.”

Luke 2:16-20

My friend from Brazil lives in the capital, Brasilia, and her family lives in the south, about 3000km far, which means 3 days traveling. It is a very tiring trip, but it all worthies to be with ones we love so much.

One thing is very true when we are lonely, in a quite place and far from all the movement of Xmas season brings, you have your own time to think about this celebration.

My friend said she wants to read something good, to meditate about Xmas,so that she can really live the nativity. I believe she is right.

It is 9pm in Scotland, all the presents opened, meal eaten, we are now getting ready to go to the church.

I wish God opens my eyes, my ears, and prepares my heart to receive his words. I hope He can use me to take comfort to the ones in need.