Sunday 25 November 2007

GIVE THANKS TO GOD

“And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.”

"Colossians 3:17"

Sunday is a special day for me, because I usually go to the church at 11:30am. I can tell you that in Brazil I used to go more often, not only on Sundays, but some other days of the week as well. Unfortunately, I have noticed that it is very hard to find an alternative time to be at the church in Scotland. Most of them are opened only on Sundays for the time of the service. Few people have attended regularly the service and rarely I meet young people. It upsets me in certain way. I always wonder how children have been brought up lately, if they know about Jesus. I miss the happiness and the good time we Brazilians have together before, during and after the service. It is a day to meet friends, family, and always to have a snack all together, at least that short coffee after the service.

Good remembrances make my day.

I have a mix of feelings from the past and the present, but what I need to worship God is to be conscious about who I am, and for what I am here.

"Give thanks to God."