Tuesday 21 April 2009

BIRTHDAY


Today is my birthday. I have got some gifts, cards, kisses, but lots of warm and lovely messages of friends who are a little bit far away. I feel loved, cared and special just because I have the privilege to have you all very close to my heart.

Only a child can get a very gorgeous cake like this one.

This is my prayer:

God of all hope, to you I pray.
I have stretched out your arm of love and gathered me into your warm embrace, cleansing me from sin, forgiving me and raising me up to be a child of the king. To you I come now, yet again, head hanging in shame. I have spoken harshly, judged self-righteously, nursed a grudge, scowled and moaned when I should have allowed your grace to beautify my face and permeate my conversion.
Father, there is no reason why you should love me-except that I love Jesus, your perfect son. I love his selflessness. I love his wisdom. I love his gentleness. I love his strength. I am overwhelmed that because of his sacrifice, I am a new person, full of possibility and promise, full of the Holy Spirit.
I praise you, Father, that confessed and forgiven, I can start over again. I praise you for your great mercy and love, and with hope in my heart, trusting that you do, indeed, have a good plan for me, I step out today joyfully, with my eyes firmly fixed on Jesus, my Saviour.

Thank you Lord, Amen.